RESTORE: Art Journal Challenge #1 SFTIO Feb 2015

This Month's Theme at http://www.scrapbookingfromtheinsideout.com/buy/kits/restore-kit/ is RESTORE.  I think that everyone needs to take the time to restore themselves from time to time.  How about now?  

Of course, I needed to start a new art journal as I had filled my last one completely full!  I chose a notebook from Studio C at carolinapad.comI buy mine from Walgreens Pharmacy.  They are about $6 and have an elastic band to keep the chunky journals shut and so many thick pages that you don’t even have to glue them together or gesso them if you don’t want to do anything heavy.  They are good for scrapbooking, art mediums, writing, etc.  

Here is the inside cover to my freshly started Art Journal.  I used the packaging that came with the rubons in the kit.... it was a clip board and I glued a Project Life card to it to record the monthly themes included in this journal.

The first page of this month's theme for RESTORE.  I looked up the definition for the word and it held great meaning for me as you will see in my journal entries.  I also like to use my Fujifilm Instax camera to include impromptu pics for my art journal pages.  I used kit materials for this layout.
This is my interpretation of the meaning of RESTORE.  For me, I interpreted it as 'to bring back'.  I used kit materials for everything  in this layout except the washi tape and pens.  I am so in love with these colors!

I love to write.  So for Challenge #1, I wrote the prompt and my musings about the prompt.

Here I have started a page where I intend to made three columns.  One for the things that need strengthening, one for actions I can take to strengthen them, and a third for positive outcomes from these actions.  I played around with the stencil and spray ink that came in the kit and used the last little bit of that fabulous paper!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog