Last Valentine's Day: The Best Ever



V-Day 2014 was the best of my life.  I shared it with my sweetie ie whom I married this past New Year's Eve in Las Vegas ;-)  One of the reasons that it was the best was because of the gift that he gave to me.  I know that sounds materialistic and shallow but, really, it's not.  You see, he wrote me a poem and read it aloud to me.  In the poem he told me, for the first time, that he was madly in love with me.  I won't be sharing that poem, of course, but what I will share is the painting that I had made for his Valentine's Day gift.  It actually almost did not exist.  Thank goodness for spray fixative!  When I was finished, I left it on my workspace over night.  When I woke up the next morning, it was covered in water!  Standing water!  It was a watercolor painting!  The cat had knocked over my huge jar of paintbrush water trying to steal his favorite wash brush.  Anyway, with a little touch up here and there, it was ready for gift giving.

Ready..... here it is :-)  I still love this painting..... it hangs on our bedroom wall.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expressive art therapy and art journaling