It's International Soul Art Day today!

It's International Soul Art Day today!

Laura Hollick has a free guide to Soul Art Day on her website and, today, I happened to have a little bit of time to devote to myself and participate!  
In the Soul Art Journey, you learn how to connect with your Inner Artist and harvest deep insights from your inner world to create healing and transformation in your life. 

The 5 steps are :
  1. Intention
  2. Bodymapping
  3. Creative Expression
  4. Insight
  5. Spirit Action
My intention was "I want to maintain a positive and healthy relationship with myself and my family".
For my body mapping, I chose to craw my head and torso (my brain holder and my heart holder).
For creative expression, my 5 topics that most interested me were love, family, art, nature, and self.  Looking at the images that I selected for each of those topics, I came up with the words hug, blue, sassy, peaceful, and raw.  We used these words to create a story, using the last word (raw) as our title.  My story was:
I love to hug my husband oh so tight.  I love to look up at the sky while hugging him- the peaceful, blue sky calms me and makes me full, like everything is going to be ok.  When we hug under the blue, peaceful sky, I sometimes want to get a little sassy and frisky, being so close to him.  The next thing to do was create a piece of art using the bodymap and the story.
For insight, I had to use my art piece to decode the messages that my spirit was trying to communicate to me.  It told me that I was loving and fun and creative.  I was raw.  I was good, loving, and beautiful.  It told me, most importantly, YOU MATTER!
Time to evaluate and come up with my spirit action.  In order to maintain a positive and healthy relationship with myself and my family, I realize that I matter.  To make my insight real, I need to focus on myself AND my family, spend time with and on myself and them.  Both matter- myself and my family.  So I gave myself the goal of being ready to reunite my family and become whole once again.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog