Art Therapy Journal SFTIO Kit "Thrive"

Last year I subscribed to a kit club called Scrapbooking From the Inside Out
( http://www.scrapbookingfromtheinsideout.com ) and LOVED it!!! But I was trying to cut down on expenses to I had to stop my subscription for a bit.  However, a year later, I started back up.

This scrapbooking/mixed media kit club is like no other.  It is actually therapeutic and has themes each month with writing/journaling prompts, music playlists, thematic quotes, a pinterest idea board, a private facebook community page and so much more!

This month's theme is "THRIVE" and this so works for me right now.  I have been working making lists for things I need to work on personally in my art therapy journal.  I will be sharing my work for week 1 of this month's theme.

I just took a composition notebook and glued a couple of pages together and gessoed the ones that I was going to art on and left the ones for writing alone.

First, I took the writing prompts and just wrote on the paper.



Next, I found a quote from the selections that really stood out to me with this theme.  
"My mission in life is not merely to survive; but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style" -Maya Angelou

left side of spread

right side of spread

 inside of right side flap

I was also compelled to do another layout with a few more quotes that were along these same lines/theme.  In order to THRIVE, you must Laugh, grow, and bloom.  That is what these quotes were all about.  I feel like I need to do more of that.

left side of layout

right side of layout

I hope you enjoyed my art journal therapy layouts.  If you are interested, please check out the website and kit club.  They have fabulous resources and a wonderful, supportive community.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expressive art therapy and art journaling