Willowing Lifebook 2013 Lesson Week 41: Celebrating Earth with Printmaking

The focus of this piece was printmaking.

First, I used lino and chisel to carve my leaves.  It's very simple to make your own stamps :-)



Next, I used my Gelli Plate to create mono prints with acrylic paints on deli paper in fall colors.



After that, I used matte medium to glue down my mono prints onto my piece of mixed media art paper.



Then, I used black acrylic paint (because my stazon ink pad ran out) to stamp random leaves along most of the border of my piece.



After drying a bit, I used my Luminart shimmering watercolors to add a little sparkly fall color (persimmon, alfalfa, and autumn butternut) around the page and leaves.



Next, I used my black china marker to create a border around the page.



Then, having found a suitable poem about fall, I printed it out on regular printer paper and used matte medium to attach it to my page.



Finishing touches:  Ok, so I can't just leave it without a little bling ;-) so I added a little embellishment to my piece in the form of fine glitter and jewels!



And here is my finished piece :-)





Comments

Teresa Kline said…
wow, very impressive...luv all of the color...hope you have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Popular posts from this blog

Expressive art therapy and art journaling