my hand bound art journal in progress

These are PAGES IN PROGRESS (aka not finished LOL) but I wanted to show you a little bit of my hand bound mixed media art journal that I made, and am extremely happy with, thanks to Effy the Wild at Wild Art Studios. 

I bought a half yard of muslin, which can be used to make several journals of different sizes and applied white Gesso to both sides of the piece that I cut for my journal.  After that dried, I painted it with acrylic paint in a beige color and added embellishments.  I figured that I could add things as I go along.

I then made my folios and bound my journal according to the instructions in the video.  I used Strathmore vellum surface mixed media Best series 400 paper (which I am now addicted to) and thick scrapbooking thread that I have had for literally 10 years from Making Memories.

It was a fun process and I am enjoying my new mixed media art journal.  I will probably make several more because they are fun and I will always have extras made up for online courses that I take.

One of the best features of this style of binding is that you can always add more folios to the end.... EEKKKKKK!  Love it!  I hate running out of room.  And the pages are expandable.  You can leave plenty of room between the folios for expansion- if you are like me and like to add layers and layers on your pages you need this man!  Anyway, thanks for looking :-)  MessyJessy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/messyjessycreations/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog