The Inner Child Project- The Infant Self

The Inner Child Project- The Infant Self



The first part of the infant self can be found in my previous blog post https://messyjessycreates.blogspot.com/2018/02/the-inner-child-project-infant-self_28.html

This painting is of me as an infant.  After working through the exercises for this developmental stage of my inner child, I could paint myself as a happy infant.

According to Cathryn Taylor in The Inner Child Workbook, There are several steps involved in dealing with childhood pain which are used at each level of child development AKA with each of your inner children.
  1. Identify the pain
  2. Researching your pain
  3. Regressing to the feelings of your self at that level of child inner self
  4. Objectifying your pain
  5. Grieving your inner child's pain
  6. Healing your pain and reclaiming your joy
Each of these steps is accompanied by numerous exercises to help you through this journey.  If you are really interested in healing, many of our adult issues come from needs from some part of our inner child development, here is the link. 

I work through the workbook and exercises and use art as my medium to help express myself and record my progress.  I can also take my paintings and talk about them with my therapist.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog