Lifebook 2014 (Introduction)

So this is my second year of Lifebook 2014 with Tamara Laporte. You can find her Mixed Media Art classes at www.willowing.ning.com She does offer tons of mini-workshops and even an awesome free workshop!  I have taken several of her workshops and LOVE each and every one of them!

Anyway, I have been busy this first half of 2014 and have not had the time to post my work for this class. So, this is a catch-up post to let you know what I have been up to :-)

Last year I did all of my work for this class on Strathmore 400 series Mixed Media paper in the 18x24 size. I loved this size but it is large.  Therefore, I decided to go to 11x14 for this year's Lifebook.  It is PERFECT!  I love this paper because it is wonderful with wet and dry mediums, doesn't pile or bleed, and has a nice vellum surface.  It is thick as well and you can throw anything at it.  I am using three rings and, yes, I am punching holes in my work to insert the rings to bind the book.

I have been working on my cover a little bit here and a little bit there.  So far, I have completed the background and added some butterflies.  I will add the text "Lifebook 2014" later.  Here is what it looks like so far....


I used a combination of collage papers, spray inks, india inks, and stamps to create this background.  I added 3-D butterflies which were covered with black gesso and white india ink.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog