I'm Alive!!!!!!!!!!!! Yee Haw!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, let me say first, that creating your own homestead from scratch may be hard..... but cleaning up someone else's mess and THEN creating your own homestead from scratch is REALLY hard :-)

I've been out here in the woods with my cabin, buff orpington chicks who grow bigger everyday, homeschooling Noah, my tiny garden, my very own art studio, and NO INTERNET!!!!

It's really not that bad.  I grew up in the country and small town in Arkansas so no biggie.  I just really missed high speed internet.  After a few months of consideration, I decided to go with satellite internet service.  Now someone had told me that it is crappy but after several days of it, I am happy.  Of course, it is expensive but it is one of my forms of entertainment and helps me with my art and art classes and to stay in touch with the world.

With that said, my dilemma is now phone service.  I have a great phone with great service..... in the city.  However I can't use it where I live.  So basically, I could only use it when I drove two miles down the road into town LOL.  I could text, however :-)  So, I have been thinking about just ditching the whole good phone with internet and special stuff and just going with a prepaid minutes phone for emergencies only.  That way the phone is very cheap, almost free, and I just load a few minutes on there every now and then.
I spend most of my time at home and would only need the phone to make phone calls to make appts and in emergency situations.  Any thoughts?

Now that I have internet, I can post pictures of my homestead and my art.  So stay posted.  See you later, Jess

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expressive art therapy and art journaling